LARUE COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC HALL OF FAME
The purpose of the LaRue County High School Athletic Hall of Fame shall be to recognize, preserve and promote the rich heritage of sports at LaRue County High School. Many individuals have made extraordinary contributions and have superb accomplishments in high school sports at LCHS. The Hall of Fame honors the contributions and accomplishments of these outstanding individuals
The 11 regular members of the LCHS HOF Committee must be alumni of LaRue County High School, and or a long-time coach/teacher. Members of the committee can be current and former coaches of LCHS Athletic programs, along with community members, and a current member of the LCBOE. Members must have a strong understanding and awareness this history of LCHS Athletics.
SELECTION TO THE HALL OF FAME
The selection of the inductees to the Hall of Fame will be determined by the LCHS HOF Committee through a detailed application process and two letters of recommendation from a non-relative.
NOMINATION OF INDUCTEES
Individuals may be nominated in THREE categories:
- ATHLETE – A former high school athlete whose achievements as a high school athlete were extraordinary. In order to be eligible an athlete must be out of high school at least 5 years.
- COACH – A former coach whose accomplishments as a high school coach merit recognition who has been inactive as a coach for a minimum of 5 years. Coaches would be considered on the merits of their high school coaching achievements.
- CONTRIBUTOR – An individual who has made outstanding contributions to athletics in some capacity other than athlete or coach. Such as, areas including athletic administrators, sports medicine, sports media, or financial support.
- REQUIREMENTS FOR NOMINATIONS
- All candidates will be judged on their significant and/or long term contributions to athletes at LaRue County High School
- NOMINATION PROCDURES
- The official nomination form must be completed and submitted at the proper place and time to be designated. Any nomination received by the committee which does not contain a current address or contact information will not be considered.
- A completed nomination form may be accompanied by 2 letters of recommendation from a non-relative BY NOVEMBER 1ST
- Any person who is properly nominated but not selected to the Hall of Fame shall remain on the list indefinitely or until the committee deems the nominee be removed.
*The LCHS HOF committee will reserve the right to void the five-year removal from LCHS in the event of extenuating circumstances.
SELECTION OF INDUCTEES
Inductees into the Hall of Fame will be selected by the committee through anonymous voting procedures. A majority (2/3) must be attained for selection of inductee.
EMAIL email@example.com for a nomination form